So I was bored the other day, and I remembered that I follow Mrs. Katz' blog. (If you haven't checked it out it's really good.) I saw this contest to win this cool book that looked good, to maybe read for AR, and so I entered the contest. There are so many other cool contests where she gives away books, and all you have to do is comment. So why don't you go check it out? goldenlibrarylady.blogspot.com. The only way I know about it is because I go to the library alot, and the library does rock, by the way.
I think I'm gonna go finish my AR book. It's under my reading level, but Mrs. Hope is letting me take a test on it, since I started it before last week. It's called A Crooked Kind Of Perfect, by Linda Urban. If you ever have some free time, you should read it. I'll type the summary:
Zoe Elias has big musical dreams. As soon as she gets a glossy baby grand piano, she'll be on her way. Trouble is, what Zoe gets is a wood-grained, vinyl-seated, wheeze-bag organ. The Perfectone D-60.
How will she ever be discovered as a prodigy when her lesson book is The Hits of the Seventies? Not even a cha-cha beat can make the theme song from The Brady Bunch sound like Beethoven. If you add to that problem a mom who's always at work, a dad who's afraid to leave the house, and an odd boy who follows her home from school every day, Zoe's big dreams are looking preety lopsided.
But when she enters the annual Perform-o-Rama organ competition, Zoe discovers that life is full of surprises--and that maybe a little lopsidedness will help her find what she's really hoping for.
(Oh, yea, I can't take credit for this, this is the summary from the book jacket. I'm not that good at writing. I wish I could write like this in all my essays, though.)
No comments:
Post a Comment